Posted on: 5 August 2015
Chicken is so versatile that you can create both savory and sweet recipes using it as the main ingredient. Here are some awesome chicken recipes you can try the next time you have a hankering for something sweeter.
Caribbean Coconut Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- dash salt and pepper
- 7 oz coconut milk
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a skillet, fry the chicken in the canola oil until the chicken is brown on the outside. It doesn't have to be done in the middle.
2. Add the onions and peppers into the pan with the chicken. Saute until the peppers are shiny and the onion is translucent.
3. Add the garlic and the coconut milk. Cook for six or seven minutes. Season with with the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
4. Move the chicken to a 9x13 pan and bake for 45 minutes.
Brown Sugar Crock Pot Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1. Place the chicken in the crock pot. Add the vinegar, garlic, pepper, brown sugar, soda, and soy sauce. Mix with a large spoon.
2. Cover and cook on high for 4–5 hours or on low for 6–7 hours. Serve over rice.
Mango Chicken Roll-ups
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped (canned chicken works well for a quick meal)
- 1 cup mango, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
- 8 oz soft cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh onion, diced (the smaller the better)
- 2 Tbsp celery, diced (it adds a nice crunch but you can leave it out if you want)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cube butter, melted
- 1 package of large crescent rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the chicken, mango, onion, coconut, cream cheese, salt, and celery.
3. Open the crescent rolls and put a large spoonful of the chicken mixture in the center of each roll. Fold the corners over until all the chicken is sealed inside. Brush with the melted butter.
4. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
Give one of these sweet chicken recipes a try for dinner tonight. It will be a big hit! If you're still in the mood for chicken, try visiting Cochran's Cafeteria.Share